Mobile Phone: (832) 647-2135
Sonya Troullier, Senior Vice President of Wealth Development Strategies LLC, believes that the cornerstone of all economic planning is understanding that everyone’s financial and life situation is unique. With this understanding, she is able to help her clients by executing robust financial strategies and teaching healthy fiscal habits.
Sonya focuses on personalized financial security services and products that best fit the needs and goals of her clients, either for their family or business. She strongly feels that a financial plan must reflect her client’s stage of life, whether it be purchasing a first home, financing a child’s college education or planning for retirement. She brings creative solutions to people’s complex financial situations and takes a comprehensive approach when mapping out a client’s future. “For me, it’s all about transforming lives, cultivating long-term relationships and assisting clients in leaving financial legacies for their families,” says Sonya. And transform and cultivate is exactly what she does. With a bright personality and excellent people skills, Sonya inevitably brings a level of comfort and trust to all of her business dealings.
With over 20 years of solid professional experience already in hand, Sonya joined Wealth Development Strategies in the year 2000. She holds a degree in Microbiology/Chemistry from the University of Texas Arlington and has her Series 6, Series 63 and Series 65 securities registrations and is licensed in 18 states. Always looking for ways to improve and grow her career. Sonya is currently enrolled in the highly regarded Executive Entrepreneur Leadership Program at Babson College in Boston. “Understanding industry trends, staying educated and informed speaks volumes to clients. It shows them that you know what you’re doing with their money and their lives!” she says.
Deeply involved with various non-profit and charitable organizations, Sonya believes in giving back. “I heard a quote once that really sums up my outlook on life. ‘Service is the rent that you pay for being here on earth,’” she said. Sonya holds the prestigious title of Vice Chair of Community and Business Development on the Black Heritage Committee of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, an organization that gives over $350,000 in scholarships to African-American students every year. She is on the Board of Directors for the Ambassadors for Christ and also volunteers with the March of Dimes, Children’s Advocates, Woman’s Council for Battered Women and Houston Business Forum. In 2006 she was invited to speak about financial planning and wealth development in the African-American community on the Tom Joyner “Fantastic Voyage Cruise.”
Sonya enjoys traveling, wine tasting and cooking. She resides in Houston with her husband Rodney and her puppy Max.
- B.S., Science - University of Texas Arlington
- Series 6, 63 and 65 securities registered
- Licensed in 18 states
- Enrolled in Executive Leadership program at Babson College
- Mentor to Jr. Associates 2000 - present
- Represents the firm on various panels at prestigious industry conferences
- Inducted into the President’s Club at Wealth Development Strategies
- Leader’s Club Honoree 2000 - 2014
- Qualified for industry club, MDRT, for the past 13 years
- Black Heritage Committee Vice Chair of Community and Business Development
- On the Board of Directors for the Ambassadors of Christ
- Active volunteer with The March of Dimes, Children’s Advocates, Woman’s Council for Battered Women and Houston Business Forum
Areas Of Expertise
- Estate Planning
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Private Money Management Services
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Business Succession and Buy/Sell Agreement Funding Strategies
- Executive Compensation Plans and Deferred Compensation Arrangements
- Charitable Planning Techniques
- Small Business Financial Solutions
- Small Business Owners
- Sports Agents / Athletes
- Physicians / Dentists
Registered Representative of and securities and investment advisory services offered through Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC (HTK). Registered Investment advisor, Member FINRA/SIPC. 4203 Montrose Blvd., 5th Floor, Houston, TX 77006 (713) 561-8100. Fee-based Planning services provided through Wealth Development Strategies Investment Advisory, Inc., A Registered Investment Advisor registered to offer Investment Advisory services solely in the state of Texas. Wealth Development Strategies LLC and its affiliates are independent of HTK.